# Finished: Minecraft server switch by Teffen - 11/09/10 @ 09:03 PM CET
Nirvana has been successfully switched over to VPS. The switch offers faster load times, more player slots and fixes to several connection issues.
Additionally, the server software will be updated on 11/10/10
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom texture packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)"
# Texture Pack Competition and Server News by Teffen - 11/04/10 @ 08:28 PM CET
Minecraft will be officially supporting texture packs in the next few updates. In honor of this, Webhallen has started a competition to find the best texture pack."The best submission will not only receive a 180 GB OCZ Vertex 2 E SSD signed by Notch, which also comes preloaded with Minecraft (a pretty big deal), but also a signed painting by Kristoffer Zetterstrand, estimated retail value 25000 SEK (3700 US$).
Second place will receive a signed and preloaded 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2 E SSD
Third place will receive a signed and preloaded 90 GB OCZ Vertex 2 E SSD"
More info here.
Additionally we are switching from Mom's Basement Enterprises to real server hardware. If you'd like to donate to the switch, click here!
# Map switch in the next few hours. by Teffen - 10/30/10 @ 06:49 PM CEST
Just a reminder, we'll be switching from Devachan to Nirvana tomorrow so pack your inventory for the change. Expect the transition to be bumpy with frequent software reboots. Over the next few hours we'll be testing some starting kits, block placement, backup scripts and a few other plugins that make administration smoother.
Additionally the rules list has been revise to give clarity to player expectations.
1. If something isn’t yours, do not alter it.
2. While glitches may occur, duplication and alteration of item damage is prohibited. When in doubt, ask an Operator for assistance.
3. Client modifications that alter player speed, movement, building limitations, inventory size, health, tool properties or item quantities are prohibited.
4. Respect personal space when building.
5. Don’t be a dick.